Friday, May 22, 2009

Mississippi





It was really hard trying to decide what this weeks flashback Friday would be about.

I desperately needed some change in my life. Last summer I did one of the most spontaneous things I have ever done. I told my boss that I was moving to Mississippi and I would like to just pack and go and they were short on hours anyway. Sometimes he was pretty good at giving me what I wanted and this was one of those times although he did ask me several times if I was sure. I had my apartment packed up and stored away within 2 weeks(thanks for letting me use the garage mom and dad!) It took longer for me to get my ticket then I thought it would but I was on my way!

I had heard Mixed reviews about Mississippi. some said it was really dry and others said it was beautiful. I would have to say that I didn't see a ton of thick grass in yards like I do here but Mississippi is beautiful.

And I met a lot of new people, and did a lot of things that I will never forget.

I went kayaking, where Roger gave me the Indian name "drunk with power." I went to red bluff ( which is a flashback Friday all on its own). I met Kat and Dan, and the crew at the pastry garden. we had an alien invasion party. I helped with Melissa and rogers adoption party.

I went to Florinda

and new Orleans. and a ton more.

I will never forget my time in Mississippi. I had so much fun!

I didn't want to make the blog super long so you will have to read next weeks Flashback Friday for the adventure and mayhem had!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite things about Mississippi was meeting YOU. Tender, eh?
    love love love,
    kat

    ReplyDelete